A properly preflighted file will have the following characteristics
- Job will be supplied as a PDF file
- Pages are one up in the PDF file – the job has not been imposed
- Image resolution is around 300dpi
- The colour space is CMYK
- If the job prints right to the edge, bleeds are provided
- Black text is black only and not four colour
- Black text overprints rather than knocking out.
- All fonts are embedded
- A separate file for the cover is provided for perfect bound books
- The cover spine width is correct.
This list is not exhaustive. For more preflighting hints and tips, click here.