- Greenpeace pressures Spanish bank to withdraw funding for Indonesian paper mill accused of deforestation
- And then there were none . . . paper manufacturing in Australia in danger of ceasing altogether
- Ipex not ‘dead’ says exhibition owner Informa.
- The sad tale of the demise of a successful print business
- Adobe Photoshop turns 25 years old
- Google executive and co-founder of the internet Vint Cerf says you need to start printing everything out
- If you want your meetings to be effective, WRITE good English!
- The first project of the day (or how to work ON the business rather than IN the business)
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: don’t make common grammatical and usage errors
- Bad email habits you need to break
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: make sure you number your pages correctly!
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: use the correct page order.
- The discipline required to write a book (Part 2)
- The discipline required to write a book (Part 1)
- The supreme value of wisdom, where to get it (and share it if you’ve got it!)
Category Archives: Printing Company
Take a leaf out of one of the world’s leading entrepreneurial business people, Jeff Bezos of Amazon, and encourage people to master the skill of writing memos — with subjects, objects, verbs, paragraphs, topic sentences. Continue reading
Five years ago I sent out a newsletter with what has turned out to be the most helpful of all the ‘how to’ business tips I have ever found. I could not write blogs, newsletters, work on our web site … Continue reading
Avoid some of the more common mistakes, and make your work read more professionally. Here are some examples. When referring to a decade, don’t use an apostrophe as in 90’s, use ’90s. Use hyphens as dashes to hyphenate words (in-between), … Continue reading
I came across this excellent, down to earth article this morning on PrintPlanet, one of the regular email newsletters I receive each day. I reckon it has some useful suggestions, so I quote it below in full. I hope you … Continue reading
An area of confusion we find amongst people who come to us for book printing concerns the correct way to number pages, particularly at the beginning of the book. This is in addition to putting the various parts of a book … Continue reading
Yesterday I posted part 1 of this series. I conclude today with part 2. However I will be posting at least another ten blogs on self publishing over the next few weeks, covering subjects such as: ISBN, CiP, stupid mistakes … Continue reading
At KainosPrint, we constantly encourage our customers to consider turning their accumulated wisdom, or creative ideas into books. We wrote in a recent blog “Marketing gurus such as Perry Marshall (acknowledged as the leading Google AdWords expert in the world), … Continue reading
I often refer to one of my favourite Google experts, Perry Marshall. I guess that’s because he comes up with more tips, tricks and, occasionally, inspirational articles, than anyone else I know of. He recently sent a newsletter with the … Continue reading
My greatest frustration with our national political landscape at the moment is the abandonment of the common good as the focus of political activity. Politics seems too much about gaining an advantage, convincing us that the “other” party is bad, … Continue reading
Just get on with it. As one writer observes “Writing is the only profession I can think of that requires no license, no certificate, no special training, and no special tools. Anyone who wants to can be a writer. All you … Continue reading