- Greenpeace pressures Spanish bank to withdraw funding for Indonesian paper mill accused of deforestation
- And then there were none . . . paper manufacturing in Australia in danger of ceasing altogether
- Ipex not ‘dead’ says exhibition owner Informa.
- The sad tale of the demise of a successful print business
- Adobe Photoshop turns 25 years old
- Google executive and co-founder of the internet Vint Cerf says you need to start printing everything out
- If you want your meetings to be effective, WRITE good English!
- The first project of the day (or how to work ON the business rather than IN the business)
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: don’t make common grammatical and usage errors
- Bad email habits you need to break
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: make sure you number your pages correctly!
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: use the correct page order.
- The discipline required to write a book (Part 2)
- The discipline required to write a book (Part 1)
- The supreme value of wisdom, where to get it (and share it if you’ve got it!)
Category Archives: Presentation Folder Printing
Interview with Benny Landa — detailed explanation of the revolutionary new Nanography printing method
Here is an excellent and very revealing interview with Benny Landa, on his truly revolutionary new digital printing technology. The interview provides more detail on the new technology than anything else I have been able to find. This interview first … Continue reading
Drupa, the world’s biggest printing industry trade fair, held every four years in Dusseldorf, Germany, wraps up today (17/5/12). One exhibitor, Landa Corporation, proved to be the epicentre of the fair, and a constant scene of frenzied interest. The head … Continue reading
The limitations that made designers think twice about using digital printing have all but disappeared, to the point where digital printing and traditional offset printing are more or less indistinguishable.
HP has unveiled what it claims is its “most significant step” in accelerating the migration from analogue to digital printing with the launch of a B2 sheetfed digital press, the HP Indigo 10000. Capable of printing up to seven-colours, the Indigo … Continue reading
Ar article appeared today in the US based print newsletter “WhatTheyThink?” by Heidi Tolliver-Walker about personalisation. Personalisation takes advantage of the ability of digitally printed products to make every copy of a document different. On our web sie, we describe … Continue reading
This article appeared in today’s ProPrint email newsletter. It is by Frank Romano, professor emeritus at the Rochester Institute of Technology and widely recognised as a leading “guru” in the print industry. “Along with the other article I have just posted … Continue reading
The following quotation comes from an article that appeared today (Tuesday March 13th 2012) in the excellent print newsletter, ProPrint. It serves as an encouragement to those of us involved in print, and a warning to those who think print … Continue reading
When colour fidelity is critical . . . Be aware that any self respecting printer will ensure presses are regularly calibrated to industry standards. Most printers pride themselves on producing quality, predictable, repeatable colour. From time to time however, customers … Continue reading