- Greenpeace pressures Spanish bank to withdraw funding for Indonesian paper mill accused of deforestation
- And then there were none . . . paper manufacturing in Australia in danger of ceasing altogether
- Ipex not ‘dead’ says exhibition owner Informa.
- The sad tale of the demise of a successful print business
- Adobe Photoshop turns 25 years old
- Google executive and co-founder of the internet Vint Cerf says you need to start printing everything out
- If you want your meetings to be effective, WRITE good English!
- The first project of the day (or how to work ON the business rather than IN the business)
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: don’t make common grammatical and usage errors
- Bad email habits you need to break
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: make sure you number your pages correctly!
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: use the correct page order.
- The discipline required to write a book (Part 2)
- The discipline required to write a book (Part 1)
- The supreme value of wisdom, where to get it (and share it if you’ve got it!)
Category Archives: News
A colleague has just sent me a link to the most amazing new filter Adobe is considering incorporating into PhotoShop. The filter takes a photograph blurred because typically the camera shutter speed was too low. The filter tracks the direction … Continue reading
Greenpeace and Wilderness Society slam PEFC as ‘signing off forest destruction’ The war of words between paper certifications has escalated after FSC backers Greenpeace and The Wilderness Society published a scathing report calling PEFC ‘greenwash for bad forestry practices’. The … Continue reading
An excellent article from www.creative pro on how to print colours correctly from InDesign was brought to my attention a couple of days ago. The article begins as follows. Billions of years ago, when dinosaurs ruled the earth, print production … Continue reading
Letterpress is back, judging by the turnout at a launch night of boutique printer The Distillery, with hundreds of guests, including buyers from M&C Saatchi and Pacific Magazines, spilling out onto the street. More than 320 people attended the launch … Continue reading