- Greenpeace pressures Spanish bank to withdraw funding for Indonesian paper mill accused of deforestation
- And then there were none . . . paper manufacturing in Australia in danger of ceasing altogether
- Ipex not ‘dead’ says exhibition owner Informa.
- The sad tale of the demise of a successful print business
- Adobe Photoshop turns 25 years old
- Google executive and co-founder of the internet Vint Cerf says you need to start printing everything out
- If you want your meetings to be effective, WRITE good English!
- The first project of the day (or how to work ON the business rather than IN the business)
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: don’t make common grammatical and usage errors
- Bad email habits you need to break
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: make sure you number your pages correctly!
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: use the correct page order.
- The discipline required to write a book (Part 2)
- The discipline required to write a book (Part 1)
- The supreme value of wisdom, where to get it (and share it if you’ve got it!)
Category Archives: Envrionment
This year, at the four yearly PacPrint printing trade show (held in the Melbourne Exhibition Centre), it was obvious that digital printing is well on the way to taking a huge chunk of offset printing’s traditional market — see my blog … Continue reading
PacPrint13, held in the Melbourne Exhibition Centre (“Jeff’s Shed”) towards the end of May this year, showcased a “dizzying array of new high-tech digital” equipment, providing visitors with an unequivocal indication of where the printing industry is headed. PacPrint is … Continue reading
Interview with Benny Landa — detailed explanation of the revolutionary new Nanography printing method
Here is an excellent and very revealing interview with Benny Landa, on his truly revolutionary new digital printing technology. The interview provides more detail on the new technology than anything else I have been able to find. This interview first … Continue reading
Drupa, the world’s biggest printing industry trade fair, held every four years in Dusseldorf, Germany, wraps up today (17/5/12). One exhibitor, Landa Corporation, proved to be the epicentre of the fair, and a constant scene of frenzied interest. The head … Continue reading
I recently read an amusing article in which a paper company sought to fight back against the “ridiculous” notion that electronic books are greener than printed books. The article, from a company called International Paper and called “Smackdown: Printed Editions … Continue reading
This is the second in a series of articles under the general heading of “Printing companies take their environmental responsibilities seriously“. Industry guru Phil Lawrence asserts “It’s taken as a given that recycled paper is the greener choice, but there’s … Continue reading