- Greenpeace pressures Spanish bank to withdraw funding for Indonesian paper mill accused of deforestation
- And then there were none . . . paper manufacturing in Australia in danger of ceasing altogether
- Ipex not ‘dead’ says exhibition owner Informa.
- The sad tale of the demise of a successful print business
- Adobe Photoshop turns 25 years old
- Google executive and co-founder of the internet Vint Cerf says you need to start printing everything out
- If you want your meetings to be effective, WRITE good English!
- The first project of the day (or how to work ON the business rather than IN the business)
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: don’t make common grammatical and usage errors
- Bad email habits you need to break
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: make sure you number your pages correctly!
- Avoid looking stupid when self publishing: use the correct page order.
- The discipline required to write a book (Part 2)
- The discipline required to write a book (Part 1)
- The supreme value of wisdom, where to get it (and share it if you’ve got it!)
Category Archives: eBooks
Five years ago I sent out a newsletter with what has turned out to be the most helpful of all the ‘how to’ business tips I have ever found. I could not write blogs, newsletters, work on our web site … Continue reading
Avoid some of the more common mistakes, and make your work read more professionally. Here are some examples. When referring to a decade, don’t use an apostrophe as in 90’s, use ’90s. Use hyphens as dashes to hyphenate words (in-between), … Continue reading
I came across this excellent, down to earth article this morning on PrintPlanet, one of the regular email newsletters I receive each day. I reckon it has some useful suggestions, so I quote it below in full. I hope you … Continue reading
Yesterday I posted part 1 of this series. I conclude today with part 2. However I will be posting at least another ten blogs on self publishing over the next few weeks, covering subjects such as: ISBN, CiP, stupid mistakes … Continue reading
At KainosPrint, we constantly encourage our customers to consider turning their accumulated wisdom, or creative ideas into books. We wrote in a recent blog “Marketing gurus such as Perry Marshall (acknowledged as the leading Google AdWords expert in the world), … Continue reading
I often refer to one of my favourite Google experts, Perry Marshall. I guess that’s because he comes up with more tips, tricks and, occasionally, inspirational articles, than anyone else I know of. He recently sent a newsletter with the … Continue reading
Just get on with it. As one writer observes “Writing is the only profession I can think of that requires no license, no certificate, no special training, and no special tools. Anyone who wants to can be a writer. All you … Continue reading
Last week, the ABC ran a very interesting article entitled “Australian publishers say the book is not dead, it is being redefined by new technology”. Here are a few snippets from the article. “Australians have always been in the top three … Continue reading
Publishing Market Shows Steady Title Growth in 2011 Fueled Largely by Self-Publishing Sector Bowker, the global leader in bibliographic information (they issue ISBNs and produce “Books in Print”), released a report some months ago on print book publishing in the … Continue reading